You can choose to see this as a meme or not. I'm generous that way.
A few days ago, I showed you a picture of my childhood home and it got me thinking about all of the different places I've lived over the years. It turns out, I've lived in a whole bunch of places. (You military folks and military brats, are, of course invited to play, but I'll concede that most of you probably have me beat.) What follows is a list of everywhere I've lived during my life, mostly in order. (The order of my Boston residences is a little jumbled.)
Note: If you stay in a hotel for more than 30 days, you get the taxes refunded because the government considers that to be a residence. For the purposes of this list, I'm counting those places (and most of them, I was there considerably longer than 30 days). They'll be identifiable because they'll have both a numeric (maintained home residence), and an alphabet(ic?) designation.
1. Cresta Way in Arlington, Jacksonville, FL.
2. La Loma Drive in Southside, Jacksonville, FL.
3. Kibbutz Ein Tzurim, Israel (about 20 minutes north of Ashkelon).
4. Fensgate Dormitory, Beacon Street, Boston, MA
5. Kenmore Square, Boston, MA. (My first real apartment on my own. A horrible pit of an apartment)
6. Worcester Square, Boston, MA.
7. East Concord St., Boston, MA.
8. Worcester Street, Boston, MA.
9. Washington Street, Boston, MA.
10. Beacon Road, Hull, MA.
11. I-Forget-The-Name-Of-The-Road, Hull, MA. (It overlooked the town dump and had no heat.)
12. ?? Street, Watertown, MA.
13. Schermerhorn Street, Brooklyn, NY
14. Some Hotel, Charleston, SC (I was moving to L.A. but got sidetracked before actually getting an apartment.)
15. Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA.
15A. Walnut Creek, CA (a house I sublet while working in Oakland. The owner's stuff was boxed and filled everything but one bedroom and the kitchen.)
15B. Holiday Inn, Duluth, MN.
15C. East 2nd Street, Duluth, MN. (Great view of sunrise over Lake Superior and a really weird neighbor.)
16. Another Hotel, Cincinnati, OH. (I knew I'd be moving back to NY, so I had given up my L.A. apartment and everything I owned was in storage.)
17. Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY.
17A. One More Hotel, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (I was just a tourist...I swear it!)
17B. The Charles Hotel, Cambridge, MA.
18. My Present Location, Brooklyn, NY
18A. White Horse Pike, Hammonton, NJ. (Arghhhhhhhhhhh!)
18B. East Main Street, Stamford, CT.
18C. Main Street, Bridgeport, CT.
18D. Summer Street, Stamford, CT.
So, that's 27 places. It doesn't count any place in Maine--I was there for longer than 30 days, but I moved around constantly. It doesn't count any of my 2-week deployments to Miami, Las Vegas, New Mexico, Philadelphia, Colorado or Washington.
Edited to add: I realize I've left out four summers at Camp Ramah in Palmer, MA. ('73, 74, 76, 77...on kitchen staff the last year). The camp was 8 weeks long, so definitely counts. The next town over was Ware, MA. The joke is that a couple of explorers were traipsing through the Berkshire mountains and one of them just stopped all of a sudden. "We're here!", he announced. The other guy looked around and said, "Where?". "Exactly", the first replied.
We also had great adolescent fun knowing that Belchertown was just down the road.
I have no plans to go anywhere soon, but maybe I should pack a bag just in case. Where have you lived (going by my rules)?