Update: I think I've got this whole thing figured out now. However, the instructions have a warning that my site could be down for as much as 48 hours while some sort of magic internetty turnover happens, so I'm going to wait until the weekend to try this. That way if I break the internet, I won't screw with too many people's work week.
Ok, here's where we are. Polybloggimous.com will still forward you here but I've turned off the masking. I seem to have a couple of options short of moving to Word Press (and know, I don't want to pay to blog at the moment or to get into a bunch of coding I don't understand. That may come sometime in the future, but not now, thank you very much.)
I can simply change the address of the blog to polybloggimous.blogspot.com by following this set of instructions.
That's definitely better than where we are now (getting rid of my lame musings, etc.), but it seems just a little bit clunky.
Blogger offers me the option of buying a domain. But I've already bought my domain. This doesn't seem to be what I want.
But over there on the right side of the screen, it says "Already own a domain? Switch to Advanced Settings." OK, lets see what they have to say over there.
So, does anyone know if I plug Polybloggimous.com into that little window if that will change the url and continue being free stuff here? Or would I have to set up hosting somewhere? Like I said above, I'm not ready to do anything like that yet. So who knows what all of this means?