I've been tagged. And I know that TAPA is going to kick my ass from clear across the country, but I'm gonna do it. Why, you may ask, am I, the Memelator going to follow through on being tagged?
1. I think this one's mildly amusing.
2. I'm going to break the rule about tagging anyone else. If you like the idea, post a response on your blog and let me know you've done so in comments here. (If you are blogless, feel free to post your list in comments.)
3. Konstantin didn't actually inform me that I'd been tagged. He just left it for me to notice on his blog. (BTW, Shawn Powers and John the Scientist were also tagged and I doubt they know about it either.) Anyway, I thought that was funny and decided I'd do this one.
Here's da rulz:
1. Pick one film to represent each letter of the alphabet. I shall.
2. The letter "A" and the word "The" do not count as the beginning of a film's title, unless the film is simply titled A or The, and I don't know of any films with those titles. Got it.
3. Return of the Jedi belongs under "R," not "S" as in Star Wars Episode IV: Return of the Jedi. This rule applies to all films in the original Star Wars trilogy; all that followed start with "S." Similarly, Raiders of the Lost Ark belongs under "R," not "I" as in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Conversely, all films in the Lord of the Rings series belong under "L" and all films in the Chronicles of Narnia series belong under "C," as that's what those filmmakers called their films from the start. In other words, movies are stuck with the titles their owners gave them at the time of their theatrical release. Use your better judgment to apply the above rule to any series/films not mentioned. There sure are a lot of rulz.
4. Films that start with a number are filed under the first letter of their number's word. 12 Monkeys would be filed under "T." Copy That!
5. Link back to Blog Cabins in your post so that I can eventually type "alphabet meme" into Google and come up #1, then make a post where I declare that I am the King of Google. Done!
Here we go:
A is for Anaconda
B is for Bridge over the River Kwai
C is for Catch Me if you Can
D is for Dawn of the Dead
E is for Edward Scissorhands
F is for Flight of the Phoenix (the original Jimmy Stewart one)
G is for Get Shorty
H is for High Noon
I is for The Incredibles
J is for Joe versus the Volcano
K is for Kansas City Bomber
L is for The Longest Yard
M is for Marathon Man
N is for North by Northwest
O is for Oliver Twist
P is for Papillon
Q is for The Quiet Man
R is for Rain Man
S is for The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe
T is for Thunderball
U is for The Unbearable Lightness of Being
V is for V for Vendetta
W is for Wonder Boys
X is for Xanadu
Y is for Yellow Submarine
Z is for Zacharia Farted (Yes, I cheated to find that one. This was harder than I thought.)